NHBE – Human Bronchial/Tracheal Epithelial Cells without Retinoic Acid
Cryopreserved ampule of Normal Human Bronchial Epithelial (NHBE) cells without Retinoic Acid containing ≥500,000 cells
What You May Also Need
Normal and Diseased Bronchial Epithelial (NHBE and DHBE) cells are isolated from epithelial lining of airways above bifurcation of the lungs. Lonza's Normal Human Bronchial Epithelial Cells (NHBE) without retinoic acid are available.
Cryopreserved human bronchial epithelial cells without retinoic acid are guaranteed through 15 population doublings. Cells test negative for mycoplasma, bacteria, yeast, and fungi. HIV-1, hepatitis B and hepatitis C are not detected for all donors and/or cell lots. A Certificate of Analysis is provided for each cell lot purchased.
Select Applications with Lonza's Human Bronchial Epithelial Cells -
- A Rotating Bioreactor for Scalable Culture and Differentiation of Respiratory Epithelium”. Respiratory epithelium is difficult to grow as it requires a well-maintained polarizing air‐liquid interface (ALI) to maintain differentiation. Raredon et al. describe a scalable and easy method to conduct air-liquid interface with Lonza's bronchial epithelial cells guaranteed for ALI differentiation (Cat. No. CC-2540S).
- Cell concentration and space for growth are required for productive NHBE cell branching in vitro. Click to read this article by Hagiwara et.al that shows how co-cultures with HUVECs in 3D culture influence reconstruction of branched tubular structures in lung epithelial cells.
- Wu, et al. reports for the first time that HBE cells when grown in B-ALITMMedium can differentiate into 3D glandular acinar structures, likesalivary and mammary epithelial. The cells were grown on the basement membrane matrix Matrigel under select conditions and have shown to exhibit formation of brochospheres or tracheospheres with ciliated lining.
- All cells test negative for mycoplasma, bacteria, yeast, and fungi
- HIV-1, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C are not detected for all donors and/or cell lots
- Certificate of Analysis provided for every cell lot
Content & Storage
1 x Cryopreserved ampule containing ≥500,000 cells