NucleofectorTM 2b Device
The NucleofectorTM Device is the single cuvette based system that has been used in research labs since 2001. It allows efficient transfection of hard-to-transfect cell lines and primary cells with different substrates (e.g., DNA vectors or siRNA oligonucleotides) in low-throughput format.
The NucleofectorTM 2b Device (or older generations I or II) can also be used for bacteria transformation by using alternative cuvettes.
There are cell type-specific Optimized Protocols or recommendations available in our knowledge database. In these Optimized Protocols the best Nucleofection conditions are indicated. In addition, we share our experience and knowledge for treatment of individual cell types.
Dimensions (w × d × h): 30 × 23 × 11 cm (11.81 × 9.06 × 4.33 in)
Weight: 2.8 kg (6.2 lb)
Power supply: 100–110 VAC or 230 VAC 50–60 Hz, self-regulating
Power consumption: 50 VA/fuse T630mA L250V
Protection: IP 20, EN 61010-1, UL 61010A-1
- Highly efficient transfection of primary cells and cell lines
- Reliable results due to high viability and preservation of cell functionality
- Over 150 ready-to-use Optimized Protocols containing cell type-specific guidance
- Low-throughput transfection in single cuvette format
- Transfection of plasmid DNA, siRNA, shRNA, miRNA, RNA and more, e.g., Morpholinos
- Transfection of peptides, proteins or small molecules
- Approaching 4,000 peer-reviewed publications
- Suited for bacteria transformation
Content & Storage