NHEK-Neo – Human Epidermal Keratinocytes – Neonatal, Single Donor
Cryopreserved ampule of Neonatal Normal Human Epidermal Keratinocytes (NHEK-Neo), Single Donor, containing ≥ 500,000 cells
What You May Also Need
Cryopreserved Normal Human Epidermal Keratinocytes Neonatal are guaranteed through 18 population doublings for adult cells. All cells test negative for mycoplasma, bacteria, yeast, and fungi. HIV-1, hepatitis B and hepatitis C are not detected for all donors and/or cell lots. A Certificate of Analysis is provided for each cell lot purchased.
References Citing Lonza's Keratinocytes:
- Protective barrier: Keratinocytes were stimulated with histamine or histamine receptor ligands to show the formation of a defective skin barrier. Gschwandtner M, Mildner M, Mlitz V, Gruber F, Eckhart L, Werfel T, Gutzmer R, Elias PM and Tschachler E. Histamine suppresses epidermal keratinocyte differentiation and impairs skin barrier function in a human skin model. European Journal of Allergy and Clinical immunology (2013); 68(1): 37–47.
- Skin model: Neonatal keratinocytes were cultured in a microfluidic system to precisely examine the morphology, behavior and viability of individual cells. Adrian T. O’Neill, Nancy A. Monteiro-Riviere, and Glenn M. Walker. Characterization of microfluidic human epidermal keratinocyte culture. Cytotechnology (2008); 56(3): 197–207.
- Cancer: Keratinocytes were used in this study to demonstrate that dysregulated activation of type I interferon innate immunity is implicated in the molecular processes triggered by anti-EGFR drugs and leading to persistent skin inflammation. Carrie HS, Hong Y, Yunbo L, Jennifer SM, Sridevi B, Gaylene S, Judith AC and Thomas RS. EGF receptor signaling blocks aryl hydrocarbon receptor-mediated transcription and cell differentiation in human epidermal keratinocytes. Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences (2009); 106(11): 4266-71.
- Human Papillomaviruses (HPV) mediated skin cancer response: An infection of the skin with human papillomaviruses (HPV) may result in benign tumors with limited growth, which tend to regress spontaneously and causes non-melanoma skin cancer development in epidermodysplasia verruciformis (EV) and immunosuppressed patients. The present study utilized pooled keratinocytes cultured in KGMTM-Gold Medium from several healthy donors. The data showed that betaPV may increase the number of stem cell-like cells present during early carcinogenesis and thus enable the persistence and accumulation of DNA damage necessary to generate malignant stem cells. Martin H, Adrian B, Cinzia B, Marisa G, John D, Alan S, Herbert P, Ian M and Baki A. Expression of betapapillomavirus oncogenes increases the number of keratinocytes with stem cell-like properties. Journal of Virology (2013); 87(22): 12158-12165.
- Assured for experimental use up to 20 population doublings
- All cells test negative for mycoplasma, bacteria, yeast, and fungi
- HIV-1, hepatitis B and hepatitis C are not detected for all donors and/or cell lots
- Characterized by morphological observation throughout serial passage
- Certificate of Analysis is provided for each cell lot
- Skin modeling
- Protective barrier
- Wound healing
Content & Storage
1 x Cryopreserved ampule of NHEK-Neo (single donor) containing ≥ 500,000 cells