MycoAlertTM PLUS Mycoplasma Detection Kit (100 Tests)
The MycoAlertTM PLUS Assay is a selective biochemical test that exploits the activity of mycoplasmal enzymes which are found in all six of the main mycoplasma cell culture contaminants and the vast majority of 180 mycoplasma species, but are not present in eukaryotic cells.
Viable mycoplasma in a test sample (cell supernatant or fresh media or supplements) are lysed and the enzymes react with the MycoAlertTM PLUS Substrate, catalyzing the conversion of ADP to ATP. The ATP is then transferred into a light signal via the luciferase enzyme in the MycoAlertTM PLUS Reagent. By measuring the level of ATP in a sample both before (read A) and after the addition of the MycoAlertTM PLUS Substrate (read B), a ratio can be obtained which is indicative of the presence or absence of mycoplasma.
The MycoAlertTM PLUS Mycoplasma Detection Kit is the next generation MycoAlertTM Kit which provides higher light output and this allows for
- use with less sensitive plate luminometers or multifunctional readers
- testing of unused media, media supplements or water
The MycoAlertTM PLUS Mycoplasma Detection Kit is suited for tube luminometers, plate luminometers and multifunctional readers.
- Easy assay: Simply add two reagents to the culture supernatant and perform two luminescence readings
- Results in < 20 min
- Easy interpretation of results
- Detects all common mollicute contaminations (Mycoplasma, Acholeplasma, Entomoplasma and Spiroplasma; except Ureaplasma)
- Suited for tube luminometers, plate luminometers and multifunctional readers
Content & Storage
1 x 10 mL MycoAlertTM PLUS Reagent (lyophilized)
1 x 10 mL MycoAlertTM PLUS Substrate (lyophilized)
1 x 20 mL MycoAlertTM PLUS Assay Buffer