MycoAlertTM Mycoplasma Detection Kit (50 Tests)
The MycoAlertTM Mycoplasma Detection Kit is a selective biochemical test that exploits the activity of mycoplasmal enzymes which are found in all six of the main mycoplasma cell culture contaminants and the vast majority of 180 mycoplasma species, but are not present in eukaryotic cells.
Viable mycoplasma in a test sample (cell supernatant) are lysed and the enzymes react with the MycoAlertTM Substrate, catalyzing the conversion of ADP to ATP. The ATP is then transferred into a light signal via the luciferase enzyme in the MycoAlertTM Reagent. By measuring the level of ATP in a sample both before (read A) and after the addition of the MycoAlertTM Substrate (read B), a ratio can be obtained which is indicative of the presence or absence of mycoplasma.
- Convenient and fast
- Simply add two reagents to the culture supernatant
- Perform two luminescence readings
- Results in less than 20 minutes
- Detects all common mollicute contaminations (Mycoplasma, Acholeplasma, Entomoplasma and Spiroplasma; except Ureaplasma)
- Negligible interference with media components
- Easy interpretation of results
Content & Storage
2 x 2.5 mL MycoAlertTM Reagent (lyophilized)
2 x 2.5 mL MycoAlertTM Substrate (lyophilized)
1 x 10 mL MycoAlertTM Assay Buffer