Cryopreserved ampule of Rat Microglia containing ≥ 2 million cells
CloneticsTM Rat Microglial cells are cryopreserved, ready-to-use high quality cells prepared by standardized methods, and are ready for immediate culture in supplemented DMEM. Each vial contains approximately 2 million cells in 0.25 ml suspension.
Microglia, is one of the glial cell types in the central nervous system (CNS). They are an important integral component of neuro-glial cell network. Microglia can act as brain macrophages when programmed cell death occurs during brain development or when the CNS is injured.
Recommended medium: DMEM (Lonza No.12-604F) supplemented with heat-inactivated FBS, penicillin/streptomycin (Lonza No. 17-602E), and D-Glucose (Sigma No. G-8769).
- No tissue dissection or animal handling required
- Increased data reproducibility
- Characteristic morphology and staining tests confirm tissue origin and cell type
- Negative for mycoplasma, bacteria, yeast and fungi
- Certificate of Analysis (CoA) is available for every batch
- Neurotransmitter Function
- Gene Expression
- Signaling Pathways
- Drug/Compound Screening
- Advanced Cell Culture Models
Content & Storage
≥2,000,000 cryopreserved cells per ampule