NHA – Human Astrocytes
Cryopreserved ampule of Normal Human Astrocytes (NHA) containing ≥1 million cells
Normal Human Astrocytes (NHA) can be used to study the function of the central nervous system and how neural cells interact. Astrocytes are glial cells found in the brain and spinal cord that play a critical role in maintenance, support, and repair of nervous tissue. Cryopreserved NHA are shipped as frozen primary-derived cultures.
Cryopreserved CloneticsTM Normal Human Astrocytes are guaranteed through 10 population doublings, express GFAP. All cells test negative for mycoplasma, bacteria, yeast, and fungi. HIV-1, hepatitis B and hepatitis C are not detected for all donors and/or cell lots. A Certificate of Analysis is provided for each cell lot purchased.
Did you know that by using our RAFTTM 3D Cell Culture System normal human astrocytes have been successfully used in blood-brain-barrier models?
- Guaranteed through 10 population doublings
- Positive immunofluorescence staining for glial fibrillary acid protein (GFAP)
- Test negative for mycoplasma, bacteria, yeast, and fungi
- HIV-1, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C are not detected for all donors and/or cell lots
- A Certificate ofAnalysis is provided for each cell lot purchased
- Astrocyte-mediated neurotoxicity
- Neurogenesis research
- Drug development
- Parkinson's disease
- Alzheimer's disease
Content & Storage
1 x Cryopreserved ampule of NHA containing ≥1 million cells