OsteoImageTM Mineralization Assay, 500 Test
OsteoImageTM Mineralization Assay is a rapid, fluorescent in vitro assay for assessing bone cell mineralization, 500 tests.
The OsteoImageTM Mineralization Assay is a rapid, fluorescent in vitro assay for assessing bone cell mineralization. The OsteoImageTM Assay can quantitate in vitro mineralization by osteogenic stem cells, primary osteoblasts, and osteoblast-like cell lines. It is based on specific binding of the fluorescent OsteoImageTM Staining Reagent to the hydroxyapatite portion of bone-like nodules deposited by cells.
Unlike typical histochemical methods such as von Kossa and Alizarin red, neither of which is hydroxyapatite specific, the OsteoImageTM Assay eliminates multiple steps or tedious extraction steps.
Increase the speed, sensitivity and ease of measuring mineralization in your cell cultures with the OsteoImageTM Mineralization Assay.
- Delivers qualitative visual fluorescent microscopy or quantitative fluorescent plate reader results
- Can be used with primary osteoblasts, osteoblast stem cells, and osteoblast cell lines
- Measures hydroxyapatite, similar to real bone
- Completed in less than 90 minutes, without tedious extractions
- Sensitive enough to detect time dependent increases in mineralization in differentiating cells
- Scalable for use in 6-well to 96-well plates
Content & Storage
- 5 x 96 well plates
- 1 x 500 μl OsteoImageTM Staining Reagent
- 1 x 50 mL Staining Reagent Dilution Buffer
- 1 x 50 mL OsteoImageTM Wash Buffer (10x)