HUVEC-XL – Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells, Large Volume, Pooled
Lonza's Cryopreserved HUVECs are shipped as frozen primaries. They are guaranteed to express CD31/105 and survive in culture through 15* population doublings (*except HUVEC-XLTM guaranteed through 5 PD).
All cells test negative for mycoplasma, bacteria, yeast, and fungi. HIV-1, hepatitis B and hepatitis C are not detected for all donors and/or cell lots. A Certificate of Analysis is provided for each cell lot purchased.
HUVEC-XL size consists of 10 million cells/amp achieved by pooling donors. This option is designed to support studies that require large volume of cells while still offering cost-benefits to researchers.
Our pooled vs. single donor options allow researchers to study or exclude donor variability from their experiments. Depending upon the study, pooled version is typically utilized to reduce donor variability while single donor option allows researchers to assess donor-specific differences.
Not All HUVECs Are Created Equal – Which Type Is Suitable for Your Research?
- CC-2517 (single donor), CC-2519 (pooled donor) - Both isolated in EGMTM Media, in absence of defined growth factors. Contains BBE. No exogenous VEGF
- CC-2935 (single donor) - Isolated in EGMTM - Plus Media: Improved version of part number CC-2517. Offers faster proliferation rates than HUVEC isolated in EGMTM Media. No exogenous VEGF
- C2517A (single donor), C2519A (pooled donor) 00191027 (XL size) - Isolated in EGMTM-2 Media, in presence of growth factors such as VEGF, rhFGF, rhEGF, and others. Does not contain BBE
- C2517AS (single donor), C2519AS (pooled donor) - Pre-screened HUVECs in EGMTM-2 Media. Screened for angiogenesis markers and test positive for expression of eNOS, Axl, Tie-2 and VEGFr2
- All cells test negative for mycoplasma, bacteria, yeast, and fungi
- HIV-1, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C are not detected for all donors and/or cell lots
- Certificate of Analysis provided for every cell lot
Content & Storage
1 x Cryopreserved ampule HUVEC containing ≥ 10 million cells/vial