Insect-XPRESSTM Protein-free Insect Cell Medium - part code is discontinued and replaced by 12-730Q
Insect-XPRESSTM Medium is a protein-free formulation designed to support the growth of insect cell lines derived from Spodoptera frugiperda (Sf9 and Sf21) and Drosophila malanogaster (S2). Cell densities in excess of 8.3 × 106 cells/ml can be achieved with suspension cultures of Sf9 cells using Insect-XPRESSTM Medium and an excess of oxygen.This formulation can also be used for stationary monolayer cultures and shake-flask cultures.
Insect-XPRESSTM Medium contains L-glutamine and supports superior production of recombinant proteins when using the Baculovirus Expression Vector System (BEVS).
For cryopreservation of insect cells, Insect-XPRESSTM can be mixed 50:50 with Cryoprotective Medium (Cat. No. 12-769E).
All BioWhittakerTM Cell Culture Media products are for Research Use Only (RUO) and are not approved for human or veterinary use or for use in clinical or in vitro diagnostic procedures. If you require GMP grade media, contact Lonza for more details.
- Optimal solution for proteins with post translation modifications
- Ease of scale up
- Functionality of proteins similar to native mammalian proteins
- Protein production
- Recombinant protein production
- Use of Baculovirus vector expression system (BEVS)
- Versatile Medium for shaker flask or stationary culture of Sf9, Sf21, High FiveTM and Drosophila Cells
Content & Storage
500 ml bottle